So you’ve set up your TikTok account, watched a few videos and gotten to know your way around the platform…but now what? As a small business owner, you might be interested in becoming more active on this rising new platform, but you’re probably left wondering what type of TikTok videos you should be creating.
While there are many young users on TikTok, this social media platform isn’t just for teens to post pranks or dancing videos. You might be surprised to learn that there are a ton of great TikTok videos about entrepreneurship and small businesses. To help your small business get started on TikTok, we’ve done the research and brainstorming for you. Keep reading for 41 video content ideas that would be perfect for your small business to post on TikTok.
Get to Know YOU
1. Introduce Yourself: A great first TikTok video for small business owners is to introduce themselves. The more personal your business feels, the more people will be able to relate. Share your name, a few fun facts about yourself, and a little about your business so people can get to know you as soon as they follow.
2. Workspace Tour: Share your workspace with your customers! They will love to see where your products are created. Do you have a dedicated home office? Do you have a retail location? Do you work at your kitchen table? Showing off your workspace helps your customers relate to you even more.
3. Day in the Life: Take your followers along with you on a typical day as a small business owner! Show a few things that you do throughout the day; everything from the tedious things like paperwork and phone calls to the more exciting things like designing a new product line. This will help your customers understand what it’s really like to be a small business owner.
4. Success Story: There are lots of success stories on TikTok. What will yours be? Can you share your biggest achievement? Or what was something you accomplished in your small business that you are really proud of? Don’t be afraid to brag a little bit!
5. Meet The Team: It’s nice for your customers to get to know you as well as the team that helps your small business stay afloat. Can your team members each do a video to introduce themselves? Or are you a family-run business? Let your customers get to know the people behind your business.
6. About Your Business Name: Share how you came up with your business name! Most of your customers might not know the meaning of your company’s name. Share the story of how you came up with the name and what it means.
7. Meet Your Pets: Who doesn’t want to see cute animals on TikTok? Show off your furry coworkers in your TikTok videos.
8. Community Service: As a local business owner you might be passionate about supporting your local community. Share a little bit about what you are doing to help out in your local community. This helps prospective customers understand what you are passionate about, which is sometimes a great differentiator in the market.
9. Your Why: What keeps you going? You can share what’s most important to you in your personal life or the mission behind your small business. This helps your customers understand what you are most passionate about and what drives you.
10. A Favorite DIY or Recipe: There are tons of DIY videos on TikTok and sharing one of your favorite DIYs or your favorite recipe is a great way for your customers to get to know you outside of work. Are there any DIYs you like to do in your spare time that you can share with your followers like how to garden, tie dye or draw?
11. Your Inspiration: Another type of video that does well on TikTok are inspirational videos. Share what keeps you motivated and inspired as a small business owner. This can be anything from your family, community service, your favorite treats and more.
12. Show Off the Details: Have a product with amazing details? Share an up close and personal look of your products to show off what makes them so special.
13. Announce a Sale: Who doesn’t love a sale? If you are having a limited time sale on your website, store or have discounted your services you should definitely share this with your customers on TikTok. Be sure to provide them with a clear CTA on how to take advantage of the sale.
14. Share a Life Hack: TikTok is full of great life hacks! If you come across a life hack or business tip video that you like, recreate it and put your own spin on it.
15. Ask For Follows: TikTok isn’t your main social media account, it’s totally acceptable to ask for your followers to also follow you on Instagram or Facebook for content. When asking your TikTok followers for a follow on another social media platform be sure to give them a good reason why they should follow you there also.
16. Something Satisfying: Who doesn’t love when a super satisfying video pops up in their feed? For example, if you are a baker can you share a video of a perfectly iced cake? Or if you are a chiropractor can you share a super satisfying back crack? You might be surprised how well these types of TikTok videos do!
17. Host a Giveaway: Just like you would host a giveaway on Instagram or Facebook, you can easily host a giveaway on TikTok as well. Just be sure it is easy for people to enter to increase the number of people who participate.
18. Things That Just Make Sense: You might have seen the TikTok trend where people share things in their home that ‘just make sense’. A fun spin on this for small business owners is to share things in your business that make sense and help you run your business more smoothly.
19. Shout-Out to Other Small Businesses: As a small business owner, you know how important it is to support small businesses and how much it means to you when someone shows you support. Why not share the love? Give a shout-out to some of your personal favorite small businesses.
20. Say Thank You: And last but not least, don’t forget to say thank you to all of your customers, friends, family and local community members who help support your small business.